Introduction to Botanical Art and Watercolours– Short Course
Enquiries welcome for classes
( 5 weeks class)
Botanical art is a unique and specialised form of art which portrays a plant with precision and detail to bring out their realistic beauty.
The class starts with a brief introduction. It further elaborates into the prerequisites of botanical art and watercolours through pencil sketching, shading with light and tone, water colouring, and then progress towards the finer details of the object.
This class aims at developing skills in outline drawing, tonal rendering and water colour application for botanical art. It is perfect for people who want to learn the skill gradually, practicing with different specimens.
This module is ideal for both intermediate and beginner level.
Specimen will be provided by the tutor.
Students to bring:
Pencils - 2B, HB and 2H, eraser, plastic ruler
Smooth 300 gsm watercolour art book A4
- Orange Red - Windsor and Newton-Bright red or Cadmium red
Schmincke – Cadmium red light
- Violet red - Windsor and Newton-Permanent rose
Schmincke - Magenta
- Orange yellow - Windsor and Newton-Windsor yellow or Cadmium yellow light
Schmincke - Cadmium yellow light
- Green yellow - Windsor and Newton-Windsor lemon
Schmincke - Lemon yellow
- Green blue - Windsor and Newton -Windsor blue (green shade)
Schmincke - phthalo blue
- Violet blue - Windsor and Newton - French ultramarine
Schmincke - Ultramarine finest
(watercolours can also be any equivalent brand)
Good quality watercolour brushes, size 2 & 4.
Payment Details Terms & Conditions